Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hard to believe yet true

Sleeping late and waking up early had not been my cup of tea since I was young. Sleep had always been an activity that I enjoy and having such a hard time to insert sleep into my schedule is just dreadful. Yet, I need to do this. Why? My husband left me and my 3 youngsters for another woman. So everything inside the house, even plumbing is up to me. I do not earn much and need to earn extra money to provide for the kids. I can’t afford to get sick, literally and figuratively. First, I could not afford the hospitalization and medicine, and second, I could not leave my children unattended.
The moment I felt that back and chest pain, I felt nervous. I was in denial. I was afraid to go to the doctor and had him confirm after a series of test that something is indeed wrong with me and I need to rest. Rest, as of today, is not in my itinerary. What would my children eat if I stop working, right? Unemployment could not send them to school as well. So I talked to some of my friends about my dilemma and they told me about this Energy Medicine. Truthfully, I am not a fan of any alternative medicine. Growing up inside a ‘logical’ home made me a skeptic of the things that science could not explain.  On the other hand, since I could not afford to be skeptic at this time of my life, I tried Chinese Energetics.
What exactly is this Chinese Energetics? This kind of alternative medicine came from the premise that our body functions similar to a computer. We are either on or off, strong or weak to any given issue. The pain we are experiencing is a signal that there is a problem with the flow of energy inside our body. Humans are complex beings with multiple levels of consciousness. It makes sure that every level of consciousness is going well together in order for the pain to be eliminated immediately and goals are attained. To achieve this, the root of the pain or dysfunction must be eliminated and making energetic ‘corrections’, thus alleviating the condition abruptly. Rooting from the energetic technique that has taken years of ancient Chinese Shaolin temple healing comes together with western knowledge. The method simply tells us how to find the weaknesses, allows corrections to make you energetically strong.
My friends had me tried it. When someone arrived in town to do a demonstration and lecture about Chinese Energetics, we grabbed the opportunity. We were asked by the demonstrator to come in front of the room and asked us about our issues may it be emotional or physical. When it was my turn to speak, I felt a certain energy and calm that I never felt before. I was able to relate to him the rest of my story. I left no stone unturned. He said, “Let’s delete that”, as soon as he spoke the words I felt a stronger energy. I felt this intense shift in consciousness that someone who had not experience this could not probably understand. I further told him about the pain I felt in my chest and back. The practitioner has this way of conveying words that will make us realize it’s not really us but what we are thinking. It is our thoughts that direct what we really feel. I felt the energy balanced inside me and immediately I was able to stay in the ‘now’ with no difficulty and had my attention shift directly to my back (which was in pain since that morning) and the pain was no longer there!
The experience was amazing, even for a former skeptic. Finally, No more back and chest pain for me. I am back to my normal activities with vigor and rarely experience the previous physical problems that I use to have.  Thanks to my friends for introducing me to this wonderful ancient practice, Energy Medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment